Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Policy
MKB are committed to the safety of employees, contractors and the general public. We recognize that providing and integrating a sound environmental, health and safety program into our business is key to our success.
It is MKB’s policy to:
• Comply with all pertinent environmental and safety laws, rules and regulations, not just because it is legally required, but also because we believe it is the responsible way to conduct our business.
• Set HSE targets and goals annually to measure our performance, to achieve superior results and to continually improve.
• Monitor, revise and reemploy safety systems and environmental assessments on a regular basis.
• Provide education and training to our employees in order for them to have the knowledge, skills, and understanding to perform their responsibilities and duties at the highest level
• Routinely review and verify performance with audits, evaluations and other quality assurance and quality control methods
• Empower and expect employees and contractors to promptly report noncompliance or unsafe conditions and to take immediate action to prevent injuries or environmental accidents
• Provide relevant safety and health information to contractors and require them to provide proper training for the safe, environmentally sound performance of their work
• Communicate our commitment to this policy to our subsidiaries, affiliates and contractors and seek their support. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with all safety- and environmental-related rules and regulations. Each employee understands that they are individually responsible for their own safety and the safety of those around them. Violation of this policy will be cause for disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.